As we all know about KIA Sportage known for its qualities, now another car more look like Sportage but more advanced features and technology is unveiled in late 2020 in Australia. It is 2021 model possibly shrunken version of KIA Sportage. KIA STONIC Facelift is freshly updated version with mild hybrid options.
Specifications of KIA Stonic:
Kia Stonic mini SUV is released in to take likes of Toyota RAV-4 and it is first generation SUV mini. The upgraded model is going to be released in Australia.
Major updates include:
- 4.2inch driver display information.
- 16inch alloy wheel design.
- Restyled LED highlights.
- Two tone colors, yellow contrasting roof with facelift technology.
- Active safety technology.
- Fuel price information.
- Speed limit warning system.
- Live weather updates.
- User profile transfer ensures the driver to save his/her preferred system and there is no need to change the functions again and again.
- Android and apple car play configuration.
- New additions of this car contain emergency braking system, traffic alerts
- Adaptive cruise system is revised by which allow the car to remain n the center of the lane on motorways. Active braking system is also installed.
- New features also include live traffic information and voice recognition system.
- Engine: in speaking of engine, there is revised range of petrol engines for European customers. Three cylinders turbocharged, mated to 48-volt hybrid system with lithium ion battery. For Australian customers these features are not confirmed yet. It more alike Rio hatch such as 1.4 liter aspirated four cylinders and 1 liter for triple turbo options.
- Eco dynamics with clutch wire technology for fuel saving and it has seven- speed- dual clutch in automatic and six-speed manual transmission.
- Performance: car is available in 84 to 110 horsepower depending upon the type of engine present in it. One of the four engine options are available. These are:
- 1 T-GDi turbocharged inline three cylinders, petrol engines that make up to 120 horse power with torque of 172N/m mated with six speed manual transmission.
- 1.2 MPI inline four cylinders, petrol engine, horsepower of 84 and torque of 121N/m having five speed manual transmission.
- 1.4 MPI inline four cylinders petrol engine, 100 horsepower with a torque of 123N/m that can be mated with six speed manual transmission.
- 1.6 CRDi inline four cylinder and diesel engine, horsepower of 110 and 260 N/m torque mated with six speed of dual and seven speed of automatic transmission
More look like a shrunken version of Sportage with addition of new LED highlights. A tiger nose grill, beautifully designed front bumper with fog lights giving a dash of modern look. Two new colors are added namely perennial grey and sporty blue with yellow contrast roof in some units.
As this car is competing with Toyota RAV4, it is expected to be in similar price. This car has great potential to succeed the fame in Pakistan as it comes in KIA’s lucky product portfolio which is going to be broaden as well.
KIA Stonic will also launch in Europe third quarter with Australia. This amazing car is awaited by most of the car lovers.